Friday, August 8, 2014

We are Paper Dolls

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

Please scroll to the bottom and fill out the form to follow my blog.  Also, I'd love to hear from you.  Leave comments, feedback, etc.  




How many of these did I play with in the 70's?  I LOVED them! They came with cute outfits, and they were cheap!   My Mawmaw and my Moma bought me a lot of them.  They would help me punch out the little outfits because they tore so easily; they were fragile, especially in the hands of a five year old.

Like paper dolls, people are fragile.  Life is fragile.   No matter how fancy we dress or how careful we are, we are easily hurt or "torn" by those we allow in our lives.

One of my favorite quotes is by Bob Marley.
                           
           


Your family may hurt you, but that is only because we hold them so close to our hearts that sometimes we feel we love them more than they love us, whether it is true or not.  They are worth the worry, the arguments, and the tears that come with living.   

If I could put anything on my grandmother's tombstone, it would be, "She was an amazing grandmother."  I only hope that whenever I'm gone, my children, my grandchildren, and my husband will feel that way about me, because without them I am nothing but a paper doll on a shelf, no life, no purpose.

FYI: I don't see paper dolls anywhere anymore, so I did a little googling, and guess what I found?  See if any of these bring back any memories!  You can still buy them by clicking on the link for each.  I think I'll buy a few for when my granddaughter gets to be a little older.  Right now she is ten months old and just enjoys the sound of tearing paper.  <3

Retro Paper Dolls and Where You Can Buy Them:


For a view of more nostalgic toys from the 70's, visit my Pinterest board labeled Childhood Memories.  Share some memories of toys you loved back in the day by commenting below.

Peace, love, & happiness!  

Follow me on Bloglovin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment