EGGS DON'T HAVE TO BE BORING!Like my Mawmaw, I tend to just throw stuff together without measuring. Is that a Southern thing? It has taught me that food should never be boring, not even scrambled eggs. I actually did measure these ingredients so that I could share them with you. Let's cook!
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (Use your favorite. I like sharp cheddar in my eggs.)
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard (Trust me here! I got this tip from David Letterman!)
- 2 slices of bacon cut up into small pieces (see below) Note: You can also use pepperoni or ham.
- 1 tsp Tony Chechere Cajun Seasoning. If you don't have any, you can use salt, pepper, paprika, and any other spices that you like. If you want to order some, and I highly recommend this stuff, you can get it at http://www.tonychachere.com/
Throw That In a Pot:
Substitutions and Add-Ins:
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and scooped out into a small bowl
- Diced small, ripe tomato (Homegrown or the kind you can buy with the vine still on it if possible)
- About 2 tablespoons of salsa (I used mild.)
- Sprinkle of garlic salt
- Sprinkle of salt (to taste)
- Juice from one lime
- About 1 teaspoon of dried oregano- rub it between your fingers as you add it to make the flavor pop (Some people prefer fresh but I can't stand when it sticks to the roof of my mouth!)