Sunday, July 20, 2014

My Family is My Life


Proud Southern Mama & Mimi




Mawmaw taught me that family is everything, and she was so right.  My family means the world to me. 


My son Lane, who turns nineteen today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON!) is smart, handsome, and best of all, my inner-hippy in persona.  He lives his life responsibly but fully.  He brings out the fun side of me.  Macy, his girlfriend, is a sweet Southern girl who is also smart; she has the dimples and the good heart that melt this Mama's heart. If I need someone to talk to, I know I can call her and she will be compassionate and probably cry with me.   My grandpups, Minnie & Marley are so sweet that I don't care that they leave hair all over the house, lol.  Marley is a rescue pup that Lane literally found on the road.  He took care of that sick little puppy and loved him until, against all odds, he flourished and is now as big as Clifford the Big Red Dog.  He is the only big dog I have ever loved.  



My son, future daughter-in-law and grand-pups




My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter on the day Eleni was born

 Brittany is my inner artist child.  I always wanted to create beautiful art and she does it.  She is beautiful and creative.  Like me, she is not afraid to stand up for what is right, and I love that about her. There have been many long days since I became ill that would have been very lonely if Brittany had not come over with Eleni.  Thank God they live a stone's throw away from me.   Her husband Graylon cuts my grass and does anything I need him to do.  What more could a mother-in-law ask for?   Most of all, I will forever be grateful to him for allowing me to be in the delivery room when Eleni was born.  I will never be able to thank him enough for that.  


My husband and I in Paris

 My husband and I have been married for almost 13 years.  Like any couple, we have had our ups and downs, but he is my best friend.  When I'm sick he takes care of me and when I need him he is always there.  He coached T-ball, took our kids on our honeymoon, and loves them and Eleni like crazy.  I love you, baby!


My Sunshine, Eleni


Need I say more!! My sunshine is the light of my life.  I never understood how much Mawmaw loved me until Eleni was born.  You just can't be sad when this kid is around!!  I love you Sunshine!










Follow me on Bloglovin
I'd love to hear your comments and feedback. Please remember to subscribe to my blog in the email box provided and "like" it on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment